The Learning Environments Audio Visual (AV) team manages the AV systems across UNSW’s centrally allocated teaching spaces (CATS). We play an important role in ensuring that the AV equipment at UNSW is available, accessible and responsive to user needs.
We are responsible for:
- supplying, maintaining and managing AV equipment in CATS rooms
- responding to maintenance, service and support requests from staff and students
- designing and installing AV and control systems for UNSW units
- working with service providers to develop and deliver a seamless user experience
Our AV equipment
The Learning Environments AV team is responsible for the following equipment in CATS rooms:
- computer monitors
- document cameras
- automatic lighting
- lecture recording equipment
- touch panel AV control systems
- lectern and related AV inputs
- lectern microphones
- furniture provision
Find out how to purchase wireless microphones for your faculty teaching spaces.
Having trouble with AV equipment or systems? View our frequently asked questions for help.
The AV team also provides a series of user guides for our equipment. These guides will help you learn to use the AV systems in our teaching spaces, and can also assist with basic troubleshooting.
Guides for the following systems are currently available:
- Touchscreen computer system (one projector or two projectors)
- Lumens document camera
- wireless microphone systems
For AV support and enquiries, please visit the Learning Environments contact page. Please note that these contacts are for AV issues in CATS spaces only.
For other enquiries, please use the following contacts for assistance:
|AV support in non-CATS spaces||Faculty IT or AV support||Contact relevant School/Faculty|
|Air conditioning, cleaning, teaching supplies (such as chalk)||Facilities Management Unit||9385 5111|
|zPass or SOE PC logins||IT Services||9385 1333|
|Emergency or security issues, room access,||Campus Security||9385 6000|
|Room bookings||Learning Environments||9385 7878|
|On-campus events||Venues and Events||9385 1515|